Answering VMProps question ...

On 20/06/2018 11:49 PM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:
Hi,

TestJmapCore is failing on aix because there jhsdb is not implemented.
So far, such tests check at runtime Platform.shouldSAAttach() which is missing
in TestJmapCore.

Instead, I implement @requires vm.hasSAandCanAttach.
This makes jtreg skip the tests without compiling and starting them.

I added the new property to all tests that check shouldSAAttach in jdk and
hostpot test
directories.
This is the implementation of the new property, the rest is just repetitive
checking it:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr18/8205419-requiresHasSA/01/test/jtreg-ext/requires/VMProps.java.udiff.html
webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr18/8205419-requiresHasSA/01/

Is it correct to assume the VMProps is evaluated on the same machine and with
the same
user as used for executing the test?  canPtraceAttachLinux directly accesses
the system.

jtreg will run the VM under test with all the VM flags specified to jtreg and execute VMProps to gather information about the VM under test before running the tests themselves.

Obviously using "@run othervm <flags>" you can invalidate what may have been checked in a @require.

HTH

David

(Should I remove the checks for shouldSAAttach() from the changed tests?)

Best regards,
   Goetz.