Hi David.  If a class references its own fields or methods, and that code is executed by the interpreter, then we should expect that constant pool entry to be resolved, shouldn't we?  Likewise the compiler will treat it as resolved.  If we treat is as unresolved, we run into the case where we executed compiled code for a method that would have resolved the constant pool entry, but JVMTI says we didn't.

Isn't the test in error for assuming no eager resolution?

By the way, it looks like we always eagerly resolve this_class for unsafe-anonymous classes.

dl