Hi Jini,

Did you see my earlier reply? I might have sent it out during the mail server outage days :-(

http://openjdk.5641.n7.nabble.com/RFR-S-JDK-8200613-SA-jstack-throws-UnmappedAddressException-with-a-CDS-core-file-td352681.html#a353026

Here was my reply again:

Hi Jini,

The changes looks good to me.

Have you tested this on MacOS? CDS heap support is also enabled on
MacOS. See macros.hpp:

     #if INCLUDE_CDS && INCLUDE_G1GC && defined(_LP64) && !defined(_WINDOWS)
     #define INCLUDE_CDS_JAVA_HEAP 1

Also, besides CDS, do we know how often other files will be mmaped with
MAP_PRIVATE? Will users get huge core files because CDS is enabled? In
JDK 12, CDS will be enabled by default (see JDK-8202951), so all users
will be affected by the following line:

   if (UseSharedSpaces) {
     set_coredump_filter(FILE_BACKED_PVT_BIT);
   }

Maybe you can run an big app such as Eclipse, trigger a core dump, and
compare the size of the core file before/after this change?

Thanks

- Ioi

Thanks

- Ioi