On 12/12/2018 11:14, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
:

I searched the code for "jdwpTransport_On" to see of there was any corresponding OnUnload function (or other), but could not find any.
That's right, an unload wasn't needed when that SPI was originally added but could be added in the event that some future debugger agent need it. The SPI is a supported/documented JDK-specific mechanism, its "spec" is hosted here:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/11/docs/specs/jdwp/jdwp-transport.html

I see this thread is touching on the functions exported by libjli. This library is part of the launcher and shouldn't be used directly by anything outside of the JDK. However we have to be careful because JavaFX `javapackager` tool has been using it. There's a JEP to bring a similar tool, jpackage in the current proposal, that will supersede it but in the mean time we need to be careful not to break it. A second issue is that the libjli is listed in the property list (Info.plist) on macOS. This came from Apple in 7u4 and periodically things show up that are using it,  e.g. that recent breakage with Eclipse that was never fully diagnosed but we think it was using Info.plist.

-Alan