From:   Alex Menkov <alexey.men...@oracle.com>
To:     Andrew Leonard <andrew_m_leon...@uk.ibm.com>,
serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net
Date:   07/06/2019 22:19
Subject:        Re: RFR JDK-8225474: JDI connector accept fails "Address
already in use" with concurrent listeners

Hi Andrew,

The fix looks good in general.
And I can be the sponsor.
I've tested the fix and got 1 test failure (of 400 runs) on Win-x64 and
the log looks the same.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to accept connector connection
                 at
JdwpConcurrentAttachTest.main(JdwpConcurrentAttachTest.java:74)
                 at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
                 at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
                 at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                 at
java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
                 at
com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.MainWrapper$MainThread.run(MainWrapper.java:127)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
                 at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
                 at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:465)
                 at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:457)
                 at
java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.bind(NioSocketImpl.java:643)
                 at
java.base/java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:359)
                 at
java.base/java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:313)
                 at
jdk.jdi/com.sun.tools.jdi.SocketTransportService.startListening(SocketTransportService.java:300)
                 at
jdk.jdi/com.sun.tools.jdi.SocketTransportService.startListening(SocketTransportService.java:310)
                 at
jdk.jdi/com.sun.tools.jdi.GenericListeningConnector.startListening(GenericListeningConnector.java:117)
                 at
jdk.jdi/com.sun.tools.jdi.SocketListeningConnector.startListening(SocketListeningConnector.java:86)
                 at
JdwpConcurrentAttachTest.attachTest(JdwpConcurrentAttachTest.java:111)
                 at
JdwpConcurrentAttachTest.run(JdwpConcurrentAttachTest.java:93)

So looks like the fix doesn't fix the issue completely.

--alex

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cr.openjdk.java.net_-7Ealeonard_8225474_webrev.00&d=DwIC-g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=NaV8Iy8Ld-vjpXZFDdTbgGlRTghGHnwM75wUPd5_NUQ&m=oCeyoE4YSIdSTvnXT1XeIp6wDP4UdqGpI35isidNG1M&s=fjbdD-X1whCGO82knPWEkDwXbHh8oO1xnJnncogRPsQ&e=

> Thanks
> Andrew
>

> Andrew Leonard
> Java Runtimes Development