On 20/06/2019 05:10, nijiaben wrote:
:
I know this mechanism, can we provide means of recovery to avoid unavailability
caused by accidental deletion?

Are you concerned about tmpreaper or cron jobs that periodically cleanup /tmp? There may indeed be an issue for applications that run for weeks or months. If someone is using jmap, jcmd or other tools using the attach API then it will trigger the attach listener to start. When they come back in a few weeks then the .java_pid<pid> file may have been removed so they cannot attach. Is this what what you are pointing out?

-Alan