On 7/3/19 4:38 PM, Alex Menkov wrote:
Hi Chris,

On 07/03/2019 15:16, Chris Plummer wrote:
Hi Alex,

I think the calls to GetLastError() should be in the else clauses, just before or as part of the log_error() statements. Otherwise you are making the GetLastError() calls even when there is no error.

It can be done this way for open_pipe(),
but for write_pipe(s) lastError code needs to be saved after the calls as any system call can override the value.
Ok, I see now. I didn't realize it was getting clobbered by other calls.
Note that call of GetLastError() is really cheap.
Ok, that's fine then.

thanks,

Chris

--alex