Hi Chris,

I will revoke this RFR and resubmit it under JDK-8242009
with the changes you suggested to use Utils.getTestJavaOpts()
and make JDKToolLauncher to have an option to forward VM options.

> Is your change causing -Xshowversion to be passed?
Yes, the changes makes  tests  run with -Xshowversion to be passed.

> Do you know where it  is coming from?
It is coming from task definitions for different tiers.

Thank you,
Daniil

On 4/22/20, 12:54 PM, "Chris Plummer" <chris.plum...@oracle.com> wrote:

    Hi Daniil,

    Thanks for cleaning this up. I think this should be fixed under
    JDK-8242009. JDK-8238561 involves more than just this one issue.

    Is there a reason why you didn't just change JDKToolLauncher to have an
    option or API to add the args?

    Why are you calling Utils.addTestJavaOpts() instead of
    Utils.getTestJavaOpts()?

    Is your change causing -Xshowversion to be passed? Do you know where it
    is coming from?

    thanks,

    Chris

    On 4/22/20 10:48 AM, Daniil Titov wrote:
    > Please review the change [1] that ensures that VM and test options are
forwarded to
    >   j*-tools when they are launched from serviceability/sa tests.
    >
    > In particular, it will ensure that passed to the tests maximum heap size
settings ( -XX:MaxRAMPercentage)