Hi Daniil,

Looks good.

thanks,

Chris

On 5/26/20 10:46 AM, Daniil Titov wrote:
Hi Chris and David,

Please review a new version of the fix [1] with the changes Chris suggested.

[1] Webrev:  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dtitov/8244993/webrev.02
[2] Jira issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8244993

Thank you,
Daniil

On 5/22/20, 11:50 AM, "Chris Plummer" <chris.plum...@oracle.com> wrote:

     Hi Daniil,

     There is one reference to "jvmwarningmsg" that occurs before it is
     declared while all the rest all come after. It probably would make sense
     to move its declaration up near the top of the file.

        92     private static void matchListedProcesses(OutputAnalyzer output) {
        93         output.stdoutShouldMatchByLine(JCMD_LIST_REGEX)
        94                 .stderrShouldBeEmptyIgnoreVMWarnings();
        95     }

     We probably use this coding pattern all over the place, but I think it
     just leads to less readable code. Any reason not to use:

        92     private static void matchListedProcesses(OutputAnalyzer output) {
        93         output.stdoutShouldMatchByLine(JCMD_LIST_REGEX);
        94         output.stderrShouldBeEmptyIgnoreVMWarnings();
        95     }

     I just don't see the point of the chaining, and don't understand why all
     these OutputAnalyzer methods return the "this" object in the first
     place. Maybe I'm missing something. I guess maybe there are cases where
     the OutputAnalyzer object is not already in a local variable, adding
     some value to the chaining, but that's not the case here, and I think if
     it were the case it would be more readable just to stick the
     OutputAnalyzer object in a local. There one other case of this:

       154     private static void matchPerfCounters(OutputAnalyzer output) {
       155 output.stdoutShouldMatchByLine(PERF_COUNTER_REGEX,null,
       156                 PERF_COUNTER_REGEX)
       157                 .stderrShouldBeEmptyIgnoreVMWarnings();
       158     }

     I think you can also add spaces after the commas, and probably make the
     first stdoutShouldMatchByLine() one line.

     thanks,

     Chris

     On 5/21/20 10:06 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
     > Please review a webrev [1] that reverts the changes done in
jdk.test.lib.process.OutputAnalyzer in [3].

     > Change [3] modified OutputAnalyzer stderrShouldBeEmptyIgnoreVMWarnings()
methods to ignore also VM version strings . The current webrev [1] reverts this
change and instead makes the tests that expects an empty stderr from launched j-*
tools to filter out '-showversion' from test options when forwarding test VM
option to j*-tools.