On 8/5/20 9:16 PM, Chris Plummer wrote:
Hello,

Please review the following:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cjplummer/8251121/webrev.00/index.html

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/util/CoreUtils.java
    You might consider two messages with timestamps: one before the move
    and one after the move completes.

test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/ClhsdbCDSCore.java
    No comments.

Thumbs up. No need for another webrev if you decide to update the mesgs.

I'm testing your patch on my MBP13 to verify that it solves the issue
that I reported.

Dan

On OSX (and possibly some linux systems), core files are not produced in the cwd, but instead end up in some well known location. For OSX it is the /cores directory. The core files tend to accumulate there. This fixes the core file accumulation problem by moving the core file into the cwd, allowing jtreg to manage it. By default jtreg will delete the core if the test passes, and retain if if the test fails or RETAIN=all is specified.

I got rid of the code in ClhsdbCDSCore.java that explicitly deletes the core file because we don't want it deleted if RETAIN=all is used.

thanks,

Chris