On 6/11/2020 10:08 pm, Thomas Stuefe wrote:
On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 12:02:28 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <cole...@openjdk.org> wrote:

src/jdk.jdwp.agent/share/native/libjdwp/log_messages.c line 84:

82:     // Truncate milliseconds in buffer large enough to hold the
83:     // value which is always < 1000 (and so a maximum of 3 digits for
"%.3s")
84:     char tmp[10 + 1];

I was wrong yesterday. Max len of %d would be 11 chars (if INT_MIN). Can you
make this buffer 11 chars please?

(This error would have had no practical consequence: tmp[] would be filled to
the brim, leaving out the terminating zero, and since we then print with %.3s,
this would have had no negative effect. But its still better to plan for \0
explicitly)

INT_MIN = "-2147483647" = 11
If millisecs is unsigned do we not  have to account for the minus sign?

Why can't tmp just be 20 and we don't have to count characters since snprintf
will null terminate it?

Sure, thats fine too!

Don't we need the value to be smaller so that gcc "calculates" the total to be within the size of the buffer?

David
-----