On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 01:22:56 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <cole...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Removed the TRAPS in function declarations in jvmtiRedefineClasses and in
>> ConstantPool merging functions.
>> Tested with vmTestbase/nsk/jvmti and tier1 (in progress).
>
> Coleen Phillimore has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   missed THREAD that should be CHECK_false argument.

Hi Coleen,

This looks great! Good to see all those false TRAPS usages disappear. I found
one more.

PS. Annoying that we often needs TRAPS through a call chain just because some
leaf method may trigger an OOME. <sigh> No escaping that unfortunately.

src/hotspot/share/prims/jvmtiRedefineClasses.hpp line 484:

> 482:   void rewrite_cp_refs_in_method(methodHandle method,
> 483:     methodHandle * new_method_p, TRAPS);
> 484:   bool rewrite_cp_refs_in_methods(InstanceKlass* scratch_class, TRAPS);

This method clears any pending exception and so should not be a TRAPS method.

Marked as reviewed by dholmes (Reviewer).