On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:09:09 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Actually revoking my review for the moment. Do we have any tests that
> currently test the default PerfMaxStringConstLength, and this change could be
> subverting the test by making it so the length is never exceeded?

We don't have any test for PerfMaxStringConstLength.
I think we can fix the issue by using LingeredApp.startAppExactJvmOpts instead
of LingeredApp.startApp.
I the case test VM options are not added to target app and command line
contains only specified options.
It should be ok as we test only jps functionality.
I don't have strong opinion which way is better.