On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 22:56:44 GMT, Denghui Dong <dd...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Could I have a review of this fix that corrects the oop size value of
>> dtrace_object_alloc(_base).
>>
>> JDK-8039904 added a new parameter 'size' to
>> SharedRuntime::dtrace_object_alloc and dtrace_object_alloc_base, but didn't
>> modified the callsites(interpreter/c1/c2).
>>
>> To make this fix as simple as possible, I overloaded
>> dtrace_object_alloc_base rather than dtrace_object_alloc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Denghui
>
> Denghui Dong has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   fix build problem

To me something like `dtrace_object_alloc_base` should not be called directly
(like a foo_impl function) but only as the implementation of the real API entry
points. If that isn't the case here then lets drop the "base" part and just
have a set of overloaded `dtrace_object_alloc` functions.

Changes requested by dholmes (Reviewer).