On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 03:15:09 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> How does this relate the failure in JDK-8285647? Is this just meant to detect
> that failure, but a proper fix is still needed for it?

..it's not directly related - I had this test addition in progress already, as
an addition to JDK-8283337 which fixes the modification handler being broken by
a previous change (the warning was firing all the time, after JDK-8279124 and
before JDK-8283337).  So we should have a sanity check (this PR) which fails if
the warning starts firing unnecessarily.

Logged JDK-8285792 to signal that we need some more cleanup here, including the
news that I think JDK-8285647 shows that we don't consistently ignore the
crash_handler.