> J2SE agent does not start and throws error when it tries to find the shared
> library ibm_16_am.
> After searching for ibm_16_am.so ,the jvm agent throws and error as dll_load
> fails.It fails to identify the shared library ibm_16_am.a shared archive file
> on AIX.
> Hence we are providing a function which will additionally search for .a file
> on AIX ,when the search for .so file fails.

Suchismith Roy has refreshed the contents of this pull request, and previous
commits have been removed. The incremental views will show differences compared
to the previous content of the PR. The pull request contains eight new commits
since the last revision:

 - merge pr/16920
 - change macro position
 - Adapt hotspot coding style
 - Improve comments and coding style.
 - Remove macro for file extension.
 - Move mapping function to aix specific file.
 - Introduce new macro for AIX archives.
 - Add support for .a extension in jvm agent.
   1. Add support to load archive files and shared objects in jvm agent for AIX.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16604/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16604/files/151f6c20..eb09224d

Webrevs: