On Fri, 11 Sep 2026 21:23:29 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <[email protected]> wrote:

> The flattened arrays might have different layout an thus different size. 
> 
> So it makes sense to update GC.class_histogram report to reflect this.
> 
> The layout is not printed for plain reference-based arrays. 
> 
> Here is the example of new output:
> 
>   23:             1           8208  
> [LClassHistogramFlattenedArrayTest$TestClassNA; [flat, nullable, atomic]
>   40:             1           4112  
> [LClassHistogramFlattenedArrayTest$TestClassNRA; [flat, null-restricted, 
> atomic]
>   41:             1           4112  
> [LClassHistogramFlattenedArrayTest$TestClassNRNA; [flat, null-restricted, 
> non-atomic]
>   
> For plain reference arrays it should be the same, like:
> 42:             1           4112  
> [LClassHistogramFlattenedArrayTest$TestClass; 
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

The fix itself looks good to me. Should this be an enhancement? I'm not sure, a 
CSR is needed.
Also, I'm still looking at the test.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32845#issuecomment-5886829687

Reply via email to