On 4/13/07, Bruce Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/12/07, Guillaume Nodet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah, I don' t really see how to plug a C++ SCA module into a Java
> container.
> AFAIU SCA defines multi language container, but this does not mean that
you
> can deploy those modules on a container which does not support this
> language.
> What I mean is that I don't see a C++ SCA module being deployed on a
Java
> container.

Yeah I'm not sure about the best way to achieve this yet. Options I'm
aware of include JNI (yuck, never again!), sockets (not bad, certainly
doable), SWIG (never used this with Java before but it looks
interesting - see this: http://www.ociweb.com/jnb/jnbJan2006.html).

Just my $0.02 - I would always be cautious about introducing native language
bridges - especially when talking about compiled code that is not going to
be interpreted by a VM.  This would introduce numerous platform
compatibility issues that are neatly sidestepped by using languages such as
Java, Python and Ruby (acknowledging that this only holds for
implementations which do not depend upon native constructs).  In a dynamic
environment such as that proposed by SCA I can see the benefit of not being
constrained by such considerations.

Grant M