L.S.,

While I was trying to get automatic reconnect to a JMS broker (WebSphere MQ which is restarted at least once per week) up and running with <jms:endpoint role="consumer"/>, I noticed the possibility of using <jms:consumer /> to specify JMS message receiving into the ESB. The <jms:consumer /> uses Spring's DefaultMessageListenerContainer class, which provides the auto-reconnect behavior I was looking for. My question: why isn't this syntax specified in any of the docs or used in any of the archetypes? Is the <jms:consumer /> deprecated or is the documentation incomplete?

Regards,

Gert