On 5/17/07, Daniel Kulp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 10:28, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> [ X ] -1 Do not release ServiceMix 3.1.1
>
> I will upload a rat report asap.

I figure I'll -1 this before it gets to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Issues:
1) Procedural: you published these into the release repository.  Thus,
they are already released.   They should be staged into a staging area,
voted on there, then if the vote passes, moved into the release
repository.   As it stands right now, it's technically already released
without a vote.

One of the problem is to be able to test it.  Archetypes depends on the
repository where the artifacts are deployed, so if you deploy to a staging
repo, there's no way to test them.

The problem only happen because we are in incubation, thus artifacts are
not available through public repository.  Btw, the maven incubating repo
is not completely endorsed by the ASF, so I don't think they should be
considered
released as soon as they are there.  Anyway, the main problem is the former
and I don't see any simple solution to it unfortunately.

2) The sources jars and javadoc jars don't have the disclaimer, notice,
or license files in them.   Thus, they are not releasable.   (look into
the remote-resources plugin, the cxf/trunk/parent pom is an example.)

We use our own plugin for that.  I guess we can switch to the official one
it it works better.

3) Nothing has been gpg signed.   All release artifacts must be gpg
signed.  A "release" profile with the gpg plugin would solve this.  (you
can use the cxf/trunk pom as an example)

This is already configured, but  using maven release plugin is not really
an option.  I just forgot to activate the profile :-(

Anyway, IMO, it's not ready to go.    If you have problems with the maven
stuff, feel free to ping me.  I'd be glad to help out.

Thanks !

I'll fix that and redeploy a release.

--
J. Daniel Kulp