Hi,

Can someone explain the relationship between deployment and registration?

>From earlier posts about lightweight components, it was suggested that the
servicemix-beancontainer was a more full featured component for hosting
light weight objects. So I have written a simple SA and a SU, that is hosted
via the servicemix-beancontainer.

My xbean.xml file in the SU exposes 2 endpoints: a standard JMS consumer,
and a bean endpoint that points to my ComponentSupport derived class.

Having dropped the SA into the hot deploy folder, ServiceMix logs that the
SA was successfully deployed. When using a JMX console, I don't see the JMS
endpoint or my bean endpoint and therefore assume that my SA did not
successfully register these endpoints.

This may well have something to do with configuration not being correct, but
I am unsure at this point how ServiceMix carries out this step, and
therefore what I need to be looking for to correct.

xbean.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:bean="http://servicemix.apache.org/bean/1.0";
       xmlns:lb="http://mine.com/catalogService";
       xmlns:jms="http://servicemix.apache.org/jms/1.0";>

 <jms:endpoint service="test:MyConsumerService"
              endpoint="jms"
              targetService="test:MyConsumerService"
              targetEndpoint="endpoint"
              role="consumer"
              destinationStyle="queue"
              jmsProviderDestinationName="queue/A"
              jndiConnectionFactoryName="ConnectionFactory"
              defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out";
              defaultOperation="test:Echo"
              description="My first test"/>

  <bean:endpoint service="mine:catalogService" endpoint="endpoint"
bean="#catalogServiceBean"/>
  <bean id="catalogServiceBean"
class="com.mine.streamline.CatalogServiceEngineImpl"/>
</beans>