On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Jason Hunter wrote:

> Andy Bailey wrote:

> > > Well then the books you have read are either misleading or
> > > incorrect.
> >
> > Actually Milt, most books don't address this point because it is
> > seemingly irrelevant.
> >
> > However it isn't at all irrelevant if you ask the question "What
> > about the Servlet Constructors?". Even a short section about not
> > having to worry about them and why would be invaluable as it answers
> > questions
>
> Someone hasn't been reading the right servlet book!
>
> See p. 56 of my "Java Servlet Programming".  Check the paragraph
> containing the question, "Why not use a constructor instead?"  :-)

That's where I got *my* info from :-).

And I'd argue (as Andy Bailey seems to be) that any book on servlets
that considered it irrelevant or not worth mentioning is either
misleading or incorrect :-).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]