Problems of this type can occur when an instance variable is declared in error as
static. What happens then, typically, is that the last user (modifier) of such a
variable sets it (via their instance) for everyone rather than just for themselves,
giving rise to very strange and unpredictable behaviour. I came across an example of
this recently in a servlet I had to debug. I would suggest you carefully re-examine
the declarations and code of the servlet concerned. Hope this helps. Austin