Hi there,

after some more digging I was finally able to hunt this down.  The
Stacktrace below hinted that the upgrade procedure is not able to
relocate an item called "gp". What I did was as follows:

- Deleting this object did not help.
- As the traceback hints at the catalog, rebuilding the index
  and running migration again lead to errors like "Broken
  TextIndex". Many of them!
- Looking at portal_catalog I could see that two indexes
  (Title, Description) were of type "TextIndex". A type
  which is no longer supported, see bug #11418
- So, recreate these indexes as ZCTextIndex and rebuild  the catalog
- Finally, the migration works....

Nice.... now this major hurdle is taken...

On towards the smaller ones like finding out why the review portlet
shows every published item as "to be reviewed" and some such..

btw - this nabble-mailman-thing is a royal PITA. How do I really
subscribe to this thing? And how do I make sure I do get each post once
- and not never or twice....

Michael