All I get is a pythonservice.exe from those .bat files.  I'm so used to the
linux method I get lost with windows.  Running the .bat as you indicated
didn't show the hotfix.  It hung and I was able to view the plone site
though.  Killing the cmd window and going to the normal service start
restored the site as well.  Couldn't find anything in the log files as you
said initially.  zmi and plone setup return nothing.  The programs at the
zmi root also came up dry.  If you put the folder in the products folder
python should do its magic.

Thanks for the kind input.