Hello all,

According to this API freeze waiver [0], I have reached agreement with the Netvirt, SFC, Group Based Policy (GBP) and Openflow plugin (OFP) projects to merge the following patches on master (Carbon) and to stable/boron:

Patches on master (Carbon)

   OFP: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/37937
   SFC:     https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/37944
   Netvirt:https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/40942
   GBP:https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/40945

Cherry picked patches on stable/boron:

   OFP: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/43697
   SFC:https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/43698
   Netvirt:https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/43699
   GBP:      https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/43700

GBP will also need these changes for the GBP-SFC demo:

   master: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/42869
   stable/boron:  https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/43702

I just wanted to give everybody a heads-up that these changes will be merged today. The Openflow plugin patch (37937) above is failing the distro-check. We know about this, and its because SFC is failing in the distro, since its built against the previous OFP API.

Here is how we will go about merging the above 10 patches:

 * First we'll merge the patches in master (Carbon)
     o We'll start with the OFP patch, which we will have to manually
       override the verify to +1
     o Next, we'll merge SFC
     o Then we will merge the Netvirt and GBP patches
 * Next, we'll merge the cherry picked patches in stable/boron, in the
   same order as we did in master

These patches have been tested downstream in OPNFV SFC and in the GBP-SFC demo, so we dont expect any disturbances.

Regards,

Brady

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/groupbasedpolicy-dev/2016-July/003481.html