I had a meeting today with the folks from the 2 different MAC Chaining
solutions, and here is the way forward we agreed upon:

  1.  Rafael will prepare a patch with just the YANG model changes.
  2.  Brady will do the necessary to officially get the API change merged now
that we've passed the API freeze.
  3.  Rafael will prepare a patch with the rest of the changes (that is, just
rebase the existing patch once the YANG patch goes in).
  4.  Irena will rebase her solution off of ODL master (carbon) and
test/resolve the results.
  5.  Once rebased off of Carbon, Irena will test the HP solution with her
solution with support from the HP folks. This will most likely conclude during
Nitrogen.
  6.  Based on how point 5 goes, it will become clearer how to take the strong
points from Irena's solution and integrate them on top of the HP solution.

Regards,

Brady