From: Jaime Caamaño Ruiz [mailto:jcaam...@suse.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:08 PM
To: Faseela K <faseel...@ericsson.com>; Deepthi V V <deepthi....@ericsson.com>;
Tom Pantelis <tompante...@gmail.com>
Cc: Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk>; genius-...@lists.opendaylight.org;
mdsal-...@lists.opendaylight.org; openflowplugin-...@lists.opendaylight.org;
sfc-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; Vishal Thapar <vtha...@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [sfc-dev] [openflowplugin-dev] [mdsal-dev]
IncorrectNestingException on SFC when sing OFP model

Hello Faseela

Thinking a bit more into this...

Even if we properly augment the genius RPC nodes and then convert to these new
augmentations, then user apps will need to convert these new augmentations back
to the original ones before writing to MDSAL.

Seems really cumbersome, and since serveral apps will be impacted, not really
something that can be done right away; if we were to do it, I would say we even
need a weather item for this.

The most feasible way to get out of this in the time being, seeing latest
Robert answer, is to not use the RpcRegistry. But using blueprint is also not
an option for SFC, we need weak coupling on these RPC services, so probably
need to implement our own ServiceTracker. I am working on this.

BR
Jaime.