Yoav,

Are you installing the features all at once, or installing them with
several Karaf feature:install commands? Unfortunately, Karaf only supports
installing the features at once; that is, with one feature:install command.

The L2 features are not necessary for SFC.

Here are the features you would need to install for SFC and DLUX:
(the order they are installed on the command line doesnt matter)

opendaylight-user@root> feature:install odl-sfc-provider-rest
odl-sfc-openflow-renderer odl-sfc-ui

The features are cumulative, meaning they will internally install the rest
of the necessary features. If you do the following command before and after
installing the above features, you will first see the default starting
features, then you will see the rest of the features that get installed
with the above features.

opendaylight-user@root> feature:list -i

Depending on the use case you are trying to implement, you may also need
the SFC OpenFlow classifier (SCF Service Classifier Function), so you
should *instead* install the following features:
(notice I added the odl-sfc-scf-openflow feature)

opendaylight-user@root> feature:install odl-sfc-provider-rest
odl-sfc-openflow-renderer odl-sfc-scf-openflow odl-sfc-ui

This is partly explained here [0], although it doesnt say anything about
installing all the features in one go.

If the controller still crashes with the above command, please let me know.
I just tried it and it started ok.

Perhaps you could attend the weekly ODL SFC meeting if you need more help.
We would be happy to help :) We're in the process of changing the meeting
day and time, but it will be posted on this mailing list and on the ODL SFC
wiki [1].

[0]
https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/stable-oxygen/user-guide/service-function-chaining.html#administering-sfc-of-renderer
[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Service_Function_Chaining:Main