Dear Brady Johnson and all SFC project members

Hello, I am Jaewook Lee and Ph.D.student at Korea Univ.

I am interested in the in-network monitoring feature, especially in iOAM
[1], and InT [2].

However, I know that the iOAM PoT option [3] is included in ODL-SFC, but
iOAM trace option is not included in ODL-SFC yet. So, I wonder there is a
reason for not adding the trace option?

In the trace option, when the packet passes SFFs (VPPs), the VPP inserts
metadata (e.g., timestamp, buffer state) into the packet header and the
last SFF can return all metadata in the packet header to the monitoring
engine or data analytics engine. The returned metadata represent RSP state
and the state of VPPs allocated to RSP.

So, I think the trace option is useful to monitor states of the RSP.
Moreover, this option can help other projects (DACE in ONAP, PAND). So I
want to hear any opinion to develop this feature.

Based on the opinion, I want to develop this feature and, later I want to
contribute this feature for the ODL-SFC project if I can.

So, could you tell me the contribution process in ODL SFC project (e.g.,
summits proposal document like OpenStack or after I develop the code, I
directly upload my code into Gerrit)?

Yours sincerely,
Jaewook Lee.

[1]