I believe it's not a matter of few test failing. It's pretty much dead code
in my opinion and i have a doubt that even it's basic usecase is working
anymore.
Now do we want to keep shipping this dead code and support it for next 1
year (6 month stable support, 6 month security support)? I am not sure if
there is anyone to support this code even in self-managed mode. If removing
this code from managed project delays the relase by a week (nothing new in
ODL history, we did it many times, many reasons ), in my person opinion, we
should just do it.

Thanks
Anil