One of our customers has asked us if it is possible to logoff webtop sessions when the webtop session and emulator sessions have been idle for a particular time. Does anyone has any experience with this and can help me with answering the customers question?

My initial thoughts for this are:
All emulator sessions are to a windows terminal server. It is possible to set an idle timeout on the RDP connection. This idle timeout can be used to disconnect/end the emaulator sessions.
Then write a script on the SSGD server to:
- create a list of all users with an webtop session and no emulator session running.
  something like in pseudo code
        tarantella webtopsession list | grep User | awk print 'TNF name'
        for each 'TNF name'
                if (tarantella emulatorsession list --person 'TNF name'
--format count == 0)
                        if ('TNF name' is in 'idle user file')
                                add 'something' behind the 'TNF name' in 'idle
user file'
                        else
                                add 'TNF name' to 'idle user file'
                else
                        remove 'TNF name' from 'idle user file'
- logoff users when the user is idle for 5 minutes
  something like in pseudo code
        for each 'TNF name' in  idle user file'
                if (count('something' behind 'TNF name' in 'idle user file') >
4)
                        tarantella webtopsession logout 'TNF name'

This script can be placed in a crontab to run every minute

This script uses too much tarantella commands, but that can be minimized by using files to store the output of the tarantella commands in a file/memory.

I have not started to create this script because I wanted to ask you all to share your input and maybe we can help Sun to create something like an Idle Timeout function in the product :)

Thanks,

Remold