Second try, these time to the list ;-)

Hi Kazutaka,

Am 2012-08-25 20:09, schrieb MORITA Kazutaka:
We shouldn't remove objects until object recovery completely finishes.
With this patch, even if we wrongly stop more sheeps than the
redundancy level at the same time, sheepdog can recover objects
automatically after they start up.  Even if sheepdog crashes
unexpectedly, we can recover objects from the stale directory manually
at worst.

Thanks for your work :-)

But could you please give me a short Info, how the
cluster behave on the following situation?

5 Sheeps in 5 zones (0-4) and a vdi with 2 copies and
two object.

Obj 0 is on sheep 0 and 4
Obj 1 is on sheep 3 and 4

Now I kill sheep 3 and 4, Obj 0 can be recovered,
but Obj 1 will fail...

What happens to the VM in this situation, Obj 0
can be read and write normally and Obj 1 will fail
and give a kind of I/O Error to the VM, I guess?

And when I restart sheep 3 and/or 4 later, Obj 1
will be recovered (from the stale directory) so the
VM can access it normally?

Thanks

Bastian