Not necessarily, leaking injectors or slightly worn regulator will allow
the fuel to drain back to the tank.

I would borrow or buy a fuel pressure gauge (100psi range) and monitor
the pressure at the fuel rail.

The fact that you've got such low volume of fuel from the pump indicates
that its bad.  I would replace it, the fuel filter and the rubber hoses
(use EFI rated hose)  If you're really anal, you can have the injectors
cleaned and checked for leaks and reinstall them with new o-rings to be
sure.

Good luck,
Stefan Mullikin
Portland, OR