>   I know that the way i worded it , it sounds like im trying to kill my
car.
> but in fact i actualy take really good care of it.
>   usualy the 6700 rmp shift happen due to loss of traction, and me not
wanting
> to loose to that camaro beside me.
>
>   so you think that the lash adjusters could go bad after say 20,000km.
they
> are the new high rpm ones from mp performance, they were supposed to take
the
> high rpm.

Get rid of the MP adjusters.  They are not designed for anything but an all
out race car.   Those cars / engines nearly always use a higher viscosity
straight weight oil (SAE 50) where adjuster pump up would be a problem with
the stock ones during extended racing periods.  In the catalog they state
(or used to state) that they are designed to not pump up during high rpm
use.  That means they have extra bleed down built into them and often will
tick when used in an engine that doesn't have the thicker oil to keep them
pumped up.  Note, don't switch to race weight oil just to keep the MP
adjusters, that could bring on a new set of problems, especially in the
winter.

As a side note, when they say RACE lash adjuster, they mean a car that is
used in oval track or road racing where the length and extremes of racing
make demands on an engine that are never seen in street or drag race
vehicles.   The stock oiling system and adjusters are sufficient for any
vehicle that sees double duty as street / strip.

The FWD Mopars cars have a great history of successful road racing in IMSA,
SCCA, and rally, and many of the products MP offers were originally brought
out for those racers.  That type of racing has demands on both the car and
engine that street use or drag racing never sees.  The catalog doesn't
differentiate between what type of race use it is talking about (it should,
but doesn't).

Barry Goodall
Shelby Dodge Auto Club

http://www.sdac.org

Now accepting PayPal for online join / membership renewals.