-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Arroyo
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 9:55 AM
To: SDML
Subject: RE: SD> dual engine

Well, to get things back more onto Shelby Dodge turbos, I'll point out
that the comments Stefan made below illustrate one of the larger
advantages to a twin engine AWD setup. Each of the trannies was designed
to be strong enough to handle the whole car on its own, so two means the
whole setup is extremely durable. Moreso probably than a typical single
engine AWD or even perhaps a RWD.

Although I should point out that DSM AWD systems are indeed dragging
successfully, in the 10's and I think one in the 9's. Of course they run
Quaifes in the center and rear diffs, but these aren't the 6-speed
setups, these are OEM drivelines with quaife diffs. And they work great.
Without that, however, anything over 13 seconds, and you are playing
russian roulette with your AWD system.

Still, I think I am more and more intrerested in a 2E G-body. I have a
FWD 1G DSM and I know it's been done on those, so I might want to look
into that too. But Daytona first! :)

-J   Southern California Forced Induction
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo II
1986 Chrysler Laser XE Turbo
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
1991 Mitsu Eclispe GSX Turbo(for sale)
1990 VW Corrado G60 Supercharged (possibly revived?)
1984 Nissan 200SX Turbo
1985 Nissan 200SX Turbo
1983 Datsun 280ZX Turbo