-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Carita
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 9:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SD> Alternator Options for 2.2 Turbo's

I am throughly frustrated with Autozone and other parts stores and the
quality of the rebuilt alternators they provide.  My second Autozone
alternator died about a mile from home last night.  Luckily, I never
returned the original core.

The original alternator is 19 years old and only puts out about
13.3-13.5 volts.  It is good enough for now, but it should be putting
out ~14.5 volts.

Short of finding a place to rebuild the orginal alternator.  Is there a
recommendation on where to look for a quality part?  Ideally, I would
like to upgrade the output as well, moving from 70 amps to 90 amps.  Is
there a Mopar part out there that will hook up to my T1 85 wiring
harness and bracket?  Are NAPA parts better quality?

------