> i have a small problem that ive come accross on my daytona R/T. i bought
the car used from a scrap yard that was closing because the owners were
getting older and didnt want to run the place anymore. but anyways they had
some contract with chrysler canada and got all the dealer buy backs and what
not. the car i bought has no VIN tag and im not sure if i can put it on the
road or sell it. from my understanding the car had some engine troubles and
instead of fixing it, the dealer simply bought it back from the owner and
scrapped it. when they did this they removed the vin tag and the metal id
plate on the upper rad support, as well as the tire id sticker on the door.

If they have an agreement with Chrysler it should state in it that they are
not allowed to re-sell these vehicles as whole. Hence the reason why they
went through all the trouble of removing VIN tags & VIN information.
Chrysler did not feel that it was financially feasible to continue making
warranty repairs on the vehicle so the settled out with the owner, regained
ownership to the vehicle and make their choice to destroy (or in this case
scrap) the vehicle. The factory wrote it off and the vehicle is never
legally allowed to be used as a whole again, as stated before which is the
reason why they went through all the trouble of removing VIN tags & VIN
information.

The salvage yard broke their contract by selling it as a whole. It is not
legal to title, register or put back on the road. What you have is a parts
only car. Once it's parted out it may even be a challenge getting rid of the
shell if they notice VIN's are missing.

>the car is not branded or anything like that and i dont think it was a
theft recovery because the ignition cylinder has not appeared to have been
tampered with. im afraid that they did this for the exact reason that they
didnt want this car back on the road.

It may not be do to theft but the factory bought back this vehicle and took
specific steps to see that due to serious issues it would not be returned to
the road.

>the car is completely legit except for the VIN tag, id plate, and the door
sticker with the tires specs and whatnot.

That would be a contradiction in terms, it's not legit without it's VIN tag.
You unknowingly purchased something that was not allowed to be sold to you
(or returned to the road) and cannot resell it so that someone else can do
the same.

>now if i try to sell this car, whoever comes to look at it sees the absence
of the tag and is completly turned off from the deal.

Fully understandable. It cannot be legally titled.

>now my question is: is there any way i can have the VIN Tag, door sticker,
and/or ID plate made or where can i get one, keping in mind it is NOT stolen
or anything like that and i went and got the ownership with no troubles
whatsoever.

In extra rare occasions some places will reissue a VIN tag (with a new
numbers) for a rare legitimate situation. In your case the salvage yard had
no approval to resell it as a whole and most likely if the VIN number is
looked up in Chrysler's database for warranty work it'll come back as a
written off (salvage only) vehicle.

It may not be stolen but there are reasons why they wrote this vehicle off.

>i think that its just this small detail thats keeping the car from being
sold and i really need the cash right now.

It's a very crucial detail that changes the whole deal for buying or selling
it. Sorry for giving you the bad news but what you have is an expensive
parts car. You can be sued if a buyer discovers he cannot register it so
your best bet is to part it out to return the investment and remember the
lessons learned.

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
PO Box 27073