I quit even trying to use reman parts store starters and alternators YEARS ago.
Almost every one was a piece of junk, and there's your aggrevation of taking it
off and putting it on (ad nauseum). I don't see how they can even warrant these
things and make money. Anyway, if you can afford the downtime take it to a
rebuilder. A lot of times it'll be done in a day and will work as long and well
as a new factory piece will. Cost is about the same or less than reman. My .02
                                                    Scott Monfort