Mat,
2.2 and 2.5 use the same size bore, 3.445 is standard size. The difference is
stroke, 3.62 for the 2.2 and 4.09 for the 2.5

The piston difference is because the pin is farther up the piston and the
skirt is removed on a 2.5 for crank throw clearance.

Hope this helps.

Cliff Ramsdell
VP New England SDAC www.sdacne.com
'86 GLHS 065 Going back to stock "appearing"
'29 Model A, 239 flathead V-8, 3 speed
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.members.aol.com/mopartek/home.html

In a message dated 1/31/2005 8:31:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> hi all
> i know the 89 up common block 2.2s and 2.5s used the same block, same rods,
> different crank, and different pistons right??
>
> heres the deal i want to build a 2.5 turbo short block for my beater. i can
> score a free common block 2.2 N/A short block from my buddy that runs the
> local boneyard. pistons are rusted into the bores. i figured the 2.5 setup
> would use a larger diameter piston, and boring the block to fit the bigger
> slugs would clean out the whole mess and give me a good bore. i know about
> what i need to machine or change to turbo it.
> my question is can you bore out a 2.2 common block to fit the 2.5 slugs??or
> are the bore diameters the same for the 2.2 and 2.5 common blocks
> thanks
> mat

ml