> Aftermarket manufacturers are going to stop making 2, 3 or 4 gaskets for the
> same engine once the engine is out of production for some period of time
> (unless it is some specialty engine/head).
>
> The last Fel-Pro gasket I saw (a couple months ago), looked very similar to
> the Mopar Performance gasket I put on my car, if not exactly the same.  Same
> thickness, same amount of metal around the cylinders, etc.  I would not doubt
> that a 2005 Fel-Pro gasket would be fine, but, I know, for $20 ... why not get
> the MP one?

Let me tell you a story so to say,

I was working on a brand X and purchased a Fel-Pro head gasket set. I
installed the part and gaskets. The vehicle ran for 3 days before it started
puking oil and Anti on the ground. Tore it back down to find a terrible
sight. The intake gasket had failed and filled the motor full on antifreeze,
and ruined the motor. The worst part is that it was a friends vehicle, and
he is not mechanically inclined.

I compared the factory gasket to the Fel-Pro one and they were really
different. The factory gasket had built in intake end seals the Fel-Pro did
not and they expected a 3/8 of an inch bead the seal the ends on the intake
manifold. When I called them on it they said the gasket had to be installed
wrong, because their gaskets were as good as the factory gaskets.

The moral to the story is I will never buy Fel-Pro gaskets again, The best
gaskets are the factory gakets.