> I am checking into a possible lead on NOS Daytona badges. The red and
black ones found on 87-91 Daytona's and possibly other years. If there, is,
which ones are most desired, and what would potential buyers be willing to
give.

The current demand for these is moderate and as it usually goes the high
performance vehicle restoration parts are the more desirable of the lot.

I've never received alot of requests for them which is likely since I've
heard they are accessible to those who have a decent dealer parts person and
know how to locate parts no longer being actively produced.

Some people get scared off by the term NS1 (dealer parts dept code for no
longer made) but it doesn't necessarily equal rarity. Almost every non
mechanical part from the 1980's is NS1 technically but there are still a
good supply of old, existing inventory sitting on dealer shelves all over
the country waiting to be found.

When dealerships go through their old stock and catalog it and put it on the
online parts locator services the supply of hard to find items increases. In
the past I've seen some truly rare "unfindable" parts suddenly appear
because of this.

If you decide which ones are most in demand and the cost for you is
reasonable and you're willing to pursue the avenue of locating potential
buyers then you might want to go for it. It would likely be a venture that
will take a while to sell out what you get but if you're willing to be in
for the long term as the other supplies dry up and the demand (and perceived
value) increases you'll do alright.

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
PO Box 27073
Jacksonville, Florida 32205
904-388-4040 phone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

See the newly updated website at www.unleashedbyshelby.com

We provide the opportunity for you to restore & enhance the
appearance of your Shelby Dodge vehicle at a fair price.

We offer top quality, licensed reproduction stripe sets for all the
"numbered" vehicles such as the 1986 & 1987 GLHS's, 1987 to
1989 CSX's, 1987 Shelby Lancer's and most recently the 1989
Shelby Dakota. Many other repro sets are available as well.

We also feature other "appearance improving" products such as
Shelby oil caps, leather key fobs and the new license plate frames.

New products are being added all the time, give us a call to find
out if we might have what you're looking for. Our goal is to help
you keep your Shelby Dodge looking as great as it performs.