Wouldn't the door tag be enough?  The fact that it says "Manufactured by
Shelby Automobiles, Whittier, CA" might be a clue to her.

She's going off the VIN decode.  Which of course is a Chrysler VIN the
main reason we get hassled for updating titles on these cars.  That and
the fact that most were titled incorrectly at the dealer, which is where
the MSO resides I believe?

I'm interested in this as well as I have two numbered cars that I'd like
to register correctly.

Good luck,
Stefan Mullikin
Portland, OR