No don't be so hard on yourself, not everyone knows everything ;)

"Transaxle" if I understand correctly just means a sidewayz tranny. As
far as "manual" goes, a "manual valve body" is an automatic transmission
component, that sets up the gear selector so that you have to manually
move it from 1 to 2 to 3 (in this case the Chrysler transaxles are
3-speed+reverse). It's still an automatic transmission because it
doesn't require you to push in the clutch between shifts, but unlike a
normal automatic transmission, you have to move the gear selector from
one, then to two, then to three, and then when you come to a stop, back
again to one.

In the case of the Chrysler manual valvebody, it reverses the shift
pattern of the gear selector. The normal selector is, from front to
back, P-N-R-3-2-1, the manual valvebody reverses the numbered section
like so: P-N-R-1-2-3, so you start out in 1, right under neutral. As you
select each higher gear, you pull back on the selector one click.

I've never seen one in person but the idea sounds kinda cool. I've been
told that to manually shift a full automatic transmission/transaxle is
not good for it over time, so the manual valve body is better.

-J
Southern California
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo II