From: "Paul T. Standaert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "SDML" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 11:01 PM
Subject: SD> Overheating with front mount intercooler

> One problem with my big ol cummins intercooler--it blocks all sorts of
airflow to the radiator so I'm running pretty hot down the open
highway--probably 230 degrees or so.  And its only been to like 85 degrees
this year.  Its undoubtedly gonna run even hotter if it makes it to 100.
The radiator is brand new.  I currently don't have an A/C condensor either.
I have a perfect 50/50 distilled water/antifreeze mix.  Removal of the
intercooler drops the temps to where they should be, so there's no doubt in
my mind that this is causing the problem.

> The intercooler is 12" high and goes from bumper mount to bumper mount.
Pictures are available at http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/paul_standaert.  Can
anyone formulate me a plan to keep things cooled off in there?  Currently,
the top of the intercooler is tipped towards the radiator a few degrees.  I
think that if I align it properly, it should help, but not that much.
Another plan was to install an air dam of sorts from the bottom of the
radiator to the rubbery plastic piece that hangs directly below the radiator
to keep airflow going through there????? ideas?