> The people at our MVA said the same thing about how long they had been
> working there etc. I made them pull the MSO and they corrected it and
> just tossed it on the counter and walked off without any apology. Maybe
> some states do not hold on to MSO's forever, or maybe they just don't
> feel like looking. In 1984 our MVA still had the MSO and original
> registration for my '69 Barracuda.

Do you think that would still apply if the vehicle was not originally sold
in that state? I believe my 1987 CSX #172 was originally sold in another
state which would lead me to believe that the MSO would be on file in that
particular state.

Anybody have the records to show the original state/dealer that #172 was
sold in?

I had my local DMV here in my home state of Florida run what they called a
"body file" for my vehicle to get a printout of all the previous paperwork
history that's on file. What I received was a copy of a West Virginia title
followed by the transfer paperwork to a Jacksonville, FL dealership who sold
it to the guy I bought it from.

No MCO or a correct mention along the way of "Shelby" being listed as a
make.

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
Jacksonville, Florida
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1982 Rampage (dual carb ongoing & taking forever project show car)
1984 Rampage (250,000+ mile beater truck, down with a dead clutch)
1987 Shelby CSX #172 (awaiting front end bodywork, but with low miles)
1994 Voyager 2.5 (the company minivan, alive once again with another motor)
1979 Dodge Omni 1.7 (backup getaround car whenever other stuff breaks)