The A/C compressor in my 88 started making a lot of noise, and stretching the
belt, so I swapped it with a used one from a 91. The replacement looked a
little different, but the clutch and pully were the same, and it bolted right
in.
It worked great, except it has a gasket that leaks all the refrigerant. It is
near the clutch end of the compressor, the end bolts on to the main body of
the compressor, and I can see the oil bubble out when I tried to fill it. Can
this gasket be replaced? I am really trying to avoid buying a new compressor, I
just dont have the cash. The old one I pulled out was hard to turn by had
before I emptied the system, but now it turns easily. Im tempted to try it
again.
But I know it wont work. No one else in town has a compressor. Almoast all
the 2.2's are gone in this area...

Joey Dalton
Hillbilly Racing
86 Turbo Z C/S       T Tops      DC intercooled
87 Shelby Z   parts car =( T Tops, Fred Flinstone floors, broken rad support
and cracked front subframe.
88 Shelby Z     Pacifica/lebaron interior, 3.85 FD a523 with HR short throw
shifter, TAFT S2 cam, 20 PSI, Hillbilly exahust
88 Chrysler Shelby Z  T tops
89 Daytona C/S compitition
66 Dodge Charger
76 Dodge D 100 318/auto
51 Studebaker Champion 4 door    future father/son project, will be 355 EFI
HEMI