Matt-
      I have looked into this.  Helped a friend run 'Mini-Stock' with 2.3L
Mustangs.  I  would be most tempted to run a 2 door L-Body.  Going
straight to a N/A shelby charger would start you off with better brakes
and 5 lug wheels.  Anyway, the weight distribution, total weight, rigidity,
and simplicity would make that my first choice.  Most 4 cylinder classes
have no weight restrictions, so another plus for the 2 door l-body, IMO.
The P-body is a great platform, but where every pound is important,
start off light.

Neil V. Emiro