>   : Shelby csx Steering wheel adapter
>

>   I just bought a csx steering wheel does anyone know if a grant wheel
adapter
> will work or  of one that will?

Most Grant steering wheels (as well as Dino's) use a 5 bolt pattern while
the Shelby wheels use a fairly unique 6 bolt pattern. The company that made
them for Shelby (and a number of Chrysler's other wheels in the 1970's &
1980's) is no longer in business but was called Izumi. I know a former
employee. Sometimes an Izumi setup comes up on eBay. Right now there's an
Izumi horn button at item # 4581496010.

Someone out there should have an extra one for sale from a parts car. The
correct adapters are actually an excellent design using a black plastic
outer casing and a metal collapsible inner frame. If your using one on an L
body you'll need at least an extra 1" or so of a spacer to keep your
knuckles from scraping the dashboard. I made a pretty cool looking one by
drilling out a billet aluminum Grant adapter I bought cheap at a car show.
The toughest part was finding the extra long metric screws to put it all
together.

David Salamone
Positive Impressions
Jacksonville, Florida
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

1982 Rampage (dual carb ongoing & taking forever project show car)
1987 Shelby CSX #172 (awaiting front end bodywork, but with low miles)
1994 Voyager 2.5 (the company minivan, alive once again with a used motor)
1979 Dodge Omni 1.7 (backup getaround car when other stuff breaks)