Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:01:26 -0400
From: "Barry Goodall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SD> Non stop chime sound, 90 Daytona.

> actually the BCM does NOT control the pop up headlamps or headlamp
doors on
> the 90/91 daytona or lebaron. the 1990 daytona and lebaron both have
a headlamp
> control module with relays inside it like the 87 to 89 cars do, even
the plug
> is the same, box is differently shaped tho, actually black plastic
and shaped
> like a square block about the same size and shape as a klondike ice
cream
> bar, and is mounted in the steering column area inside the car on a
metal strap.

Sorry, but the BCM does control the headlamp pop up & down motors,
just not directly.  Follow the wiring diagram in the FSM.  The lead
from the headlight switch goes to the BCM, then a signal lead goes
from the BCM to the control module (and I think the relays under the
hood for 91).

In the older modules there was a circuit board with a lot of circuitry
to control how long the motors ran when opening or closing.  It
appears all that circuitry was moved to the BCM in 1990.   The older
boxes and the newer while using the same plugs and mostly the same
wiring pinouts, are not interchangeable, they work completely
different inside.  The 1990 squarish control module by the steering
column has 3 relays and a few diodes in it and that is all (NO chips
in it).

When I bought my 90 Daytona the headlamps were always up.  Changing
the control module did not help.  Replacing the BCM fixed the problem,
though I have since had control module problems also.

I was told by DC engineers that when the BCM can identify a problem,
it goes into default mode.  One signal it uses to alert it is in
default is for the chime to operate when different features are used.
Mine used to start chiming occasionally on left turn signal
cancellation.   I would have to turn off the ignition and turn it back
on to stop the chiming.  It didn't do it every left turn, but enough
to be very aggravating.

Barry